Thursday, April 30, 2009

Introduction

I'm starting this blog to keep track of my training & events for 2009.

I'll put up the list of events when I can figure out how to do it.

As a bit of backround, I joined the local gym about 18 months ago as I was turning into a totally fat bastard. The training there was going alright but was without any specific goals, sometime around early July 08 I received a phone call from one of my best friends, he suggested it would be a good idea to run the Dublin Marathon, I was slightly drunk at the time so it seemed like a good idea to me too (last time I'll commit to anything after a few glasses of vino).
We ran a five miles together that week to give us an idea of our level of fitness and that was the last time we ran together until the marathon. Because of time issues we ended up on different training programmes but it was great to be able to talk to someone who was training for the same event and compare notes etc.
That was the start of my interest in distance road running. I finished the Dublin Marathon in 3.47 with a smile on my face (looks like a grimace in the photos but it is a smile, I swear)

No comments: