Friday, May 1, 2009

Bit more backround

Didn't do very much for a good few weeks after Dublin 08. I then started to train for a 10k that was on in early December. I was following a well structured programme and was doing all my running on the threadmill.

I began to develop a pain in my left foot and after it became seriously uncomfortable I decided to rest it. Diagnosis by internet suggested that it was caused by a stress fracture of a metatarsal, although I'm not so sure about that now.

Anyway, I put on my fat head for christmas (starting early Dec and finished early Jan) Drank Guinness by the bucketful and stuffed my face with lovely goodies. Added about 5kgs to my already rotund frame.

Early /mid March started to do a few short slow runs. My intention was to run the Bupa 10k on the 5th April. Only managed to get 3 or 4 4-5 mile training runs in before the event. There is nothing like being prepared for a race and this was nothing like being prepared !!!

No comments: