Monday, June 15, 2009

Week ending 14th June

This was a funny week.
Monday was a rest day after the exertions of a 200k cycle on Sunday.

I started a 10k training plan this week, well, I started 4 weeks into an 8 week training plan.

PM Tuesday I went to the gym with the intention of doing (as per the plan) 8 x 400m on the treadmill. What I actually managed was 4 x 400 and that hurt. The spin class was starting just as I finished so I had a go at that for 35/40 minutes and followed with 15 minutes on the treadmill for a warmdown.

On Wednesday I went for a hilly five mile run by Ballinavorta. It was the longest most painful run I've ever done. I thought that I would never get home. To make matters worst the pace was horribly slow. (am. Shoulders/traps)

Thursday was my first attempt at a tempo run. 10mins steady, 10 mins just below race pace, 5 mins steady and another 10 mins at just below race pace, finishing with 10 mins steady. Overall not too bad. (am. back)

Friday was a running rest day..... (am. triceps)

I cheated on Saturday. I threw some gear into a backpack and headed off to the gym by the long route. I set out for a slowish 6 miles and I hate to admit this but at about 3.5 miles I stopped and walked, I felt totally bolloxed, worse still I stopped my watch. Thats a first, both the stopping/walking thing and stopping the watch. It doesn't feel good !!
Chest/biceps at gym.

No comments: