Monday, June 29, 2009

Another week

Slow 6 mile run on Saturday (it wasn't really supposed to be that slow)

Monday a.m. gym... back session
For the past few sessions I have been doing sets of 10 for a change. I'll see how that works out.

Tuesday a.m.
I'm starting to sound like a broken record (need to find a new expression, nobody younger that me knows what a record is - it's like a CD but bigger) anyway, should have done 400's today but just can't seem to find the motivation to do them on the treadmill.
Messed around with a few intervals but got a bit pissed off when I realised that the fast part (1 minute intervals) that I was struggling with was actually slower then my 5 mile pace from the last race. How fucked up is that?
I really need to run these outdoors with somebody to pace me....

Thursday
Spending a few days in Rush.
It really pissed rain last night and for most of this morning. Apparently Dublin has been hit with bad flooding.
Waited for the rain to clear and headed out for a 40min/5 mile tempo run.
I put on a rain jacket but had to take it off at the turn around point, the heat was killing me. I struggled a bit at the faster pace but I was 20 seconds ahead of planned pace for the first run, that would have put me on my fastest race pace. Although I only lasted 8.5 minutes instead of 10.
I also slowed a good bit towards the end of the second fast section.
Hopefully I'll feel better about the pacing as I get more used to it.

Friday
Ran 6 miles at 7.56 pace and was struggling a bit. I know that at this point I couldn't keep this pace up for 26.2 miles.

Saturday
Thought that it would be a good idea to do a few miles barefoot on the beach. The sand was hard for the first couple of hundred yards and I was thinking to myself that this is not going to be too bad. Then I hit the soft stuff and spent the next 2.5 miles sinking ankle deep on every step. I was fairly tired when I got back to the car.

No comments: